What is Reiki?
Namaste Pacific is offering Reiki sessions with our experienced Reiki Masters at our Hillcrest, San Diego location.
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation, which also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". So Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy."
A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing.
What are benefits of Reiki?
- Creates deep relaxation and aids the body to release stress and tension
- Accelerates the body’s self-healing abilities
- Aids better sleep
- Reduces blood pressure
- Can help with acute (injuries) and chronic problems (asthma, eczema, headaches, etc.) and aides the breaking of addictions
- Helps relieve pain
- Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system bringing the body into balance and harmony
- Assists the body in cleaning itself from toxins
- Reduces some of the side effects of drugs and helps the body to recover from drug therapy, after surgery and chemotherapy
- Supports the immune system
- Increases vitality
- Raises the vibrational frequency of the body
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing
What to expect from your first Reiki Session?
Reiki sessions generally take about one hour, and are usually carried out with the client lying comfortably on a massage table. The client will remain fully clothed (except for shoes), and the hands of the practitioner are placed and held still in specific positions on your head and body. There is NO pressure, massage or manipulation, and no sensitive (private) parts of the body are touched. The clients usually feel very relaxed, warm and peaceful as the energy flows through them. At times, the Reiki may bring to the surface old issues and patterns to be released, causing emotions to come up or even physical sensations such as a tingling or a pressure. Some people feel super-energized immediately after a treatment, whilst others feel very tranquil and sleepy, and may feel more energized over the following days.
1 Hour Reiki Session: